Wednesday, November 4, 2009

knit away

I knew it would happen. As soon as the weather turned cooler, the need for some wool in my hands became so clear. I'm still working on the bag, here it is so far~


can't wait to see it all done up and felted.

A trip to the local yarn shop yielded some malabrigo cosecha in my hands. The oranges, browns, greens are just wonderful representation of the Thanksgiving season-so that's why I'll now call this cowl my Thanksgiving cowl~



Knitting, with its rhythmic, repetitive movements has a way of letting my mind just focusing on what is at hand-literally. It helps my mental outlook and lets me realize (even when some of my stitches are less than ideal) that you just need to keep on keepin'on, both living and knitting.

(Sorry, but really its kinda of impossible for me not to look for life lessons everywhere- it's just me I guess :)

Happy Wednesday friends!

2 comments:

  1. Nichole, it's funny, but I remember when I thought wool was either black or brown and all itchy. Now, it seems that wool is this amazing, vibrant fiber that I just can't seem to wrap my head around. lol I've only made a few wool yarn purchases, but felting is such a novelty that I won't be able to resist much longer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Thanksgiving cowl, those are beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete