Wednesday, September 9, 2009

what a dollar can get you and more on tomatoes

I kinda got a slow start to this week, I think Labor Day threw me off a bit. We didn't do much over the holiday weekend-but Sunday I did get together with some of my friends from church to make strawberry jam and that was fun. Monday we all stayed close to home and for dinner ordered Chinese food, and now its already Thursday-wow! Talk about a quick week.
Well I hit the thrift store today and found an old TV stand for a dollar. As soon as I saw it I knew that I wanted to put it on the deck so it could hold my pots. I think I might paint it up a bit-what do you think, I'm thinking about painting it white.

In the kitchen I've been in a little rut with what to cook for dinner.
I want to be one of those people who do menu plans and all, but so far that's just not happening. As I was looking at the bowl of tomatoes next to the window, salsa came to my head-just to give a little kick to tonight's dinner.

salsa~
~five medium chopped tomatoes
~half of an large onion chopped
~two small jalapenos chopped (add seeds if you want heat)
~a big handful of chopped cilantro
~3 cloves of garlic minced
~1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice (I used lemon because that's what I had on hand)
~1 teaspoon of salt

mix then eat

Hope you all are doing well-I'll be sure to read about your crafting/life happenings soon.
Take care~

No comments:

Post a Comment