Wednesday, November 18, 2009

thrifty Wednesday and holiday thoughts


thrifty Wednesday, originally uploaded by *nichole*.


Did some thrifting this morning and found all sorts of little treasures~napkins, a book, a potholder and some wool yarn. Really I love finding craft stuff at the thrift store, but at times it just reminds me that instead of just obtaining craft stuff, I actually need to make something with this stuff. I've been trying to find some more time to craft and knit lately, usually right before bed-and truth be told, sleepiness seems to overwhelm me after only a few stitches have been knitted. I know if one really wants to do something he or she will make time for it, so that's why I'm making time to sleep (:
The holidays are fast approaching and I've been wondering what my take should be on gift giving this year. Most likely it will be the same as last year-making those on my list something to eat-homemade candy and cookies-just trying to keep in line with my ideals of homemade, handmade goodness. To me buying people gifts is a bit tricky, but hey-giving them something that they can eat-well to me that is a win-win! I have some craft ideas brewing too, but I'm not going to be overly ambitious with anything. I want things to be manageable and doable, so that I am able to avoid being a grump for the holiday season. For Thanksgiving next week and we are headed to my lovely sister in laws house for dinner-my contribution will be pecan pie and this. I can't wait to see everyone and enjoy the laughing, talking, and wonderful chaos of family togetherness.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful, delicious holiday season. I love homemade/handmade gifts. For years my mom gave jars of her bread & butter pickles. Now my parents give raw peanuts (my grandma lives in a town with a peanut factory - my parents order from there) and a head of collards. At some point people generally have enough "stuff" and that's why I like gifts like these. I'm always game for a box of tea. :-)

    BTW, Mom's hosting Thanksgiving for her family at my house. She's doing appetizers at her house and the rest at mine. I'm cleaning up and decorating now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the idea of giving home canned goodies and homegrown produce as a gift-I would love some collard greens (and I agree with you Libby about tea too :)
    Have fun with getting ready for the holidays Libby!

    ReplyDelete