Wednesday, May 6, 2009

changing over

As I was going through the laundry today I starting putting the turtlenecks, long sleeves, and other cold weather clothing away (in the midwest spring has a way of coming and going-I'm now pretty convinced that it is here to stay). So the seasonal wardrobe change over is happening here. I don't usually tackle it all in one day-just putting out more spring/summer clothes as I come across them, donating the ones that are too small to the Goodwill and so on. What really gets to me about this whole process is when I see how much the girls have grown. Things that could fit last year are now too small. Which is the way it should be, but its still bittersweet. My oldest daughter is nine, and in nine more years she will be eighteen-EIGHTEEN! I have mothered her for nine years already and those years have been delightful, hard, joyous, frustrating, and most definitely character building (my character that is). So when I start the clothes change over I'm looking both back and forward-and it makes me feel so very grateful but also old!
Okay enough of this (I get a little sentimental at times). Let talk about sewing, yes more sewing. Last week I got a thrifted chair and made a little something for it

those crazy prints make it more comfy I think


and since its getting warmer we have this big pile of blankets in the corner- I need to put some of these away.
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. I like the throw you made for the chair. Very nice. And spring...I keep holding my breath but I think you're right--it is here to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsten! This past weekend our neighbors were out doing yard work, planting flowers-so I think spring has definitely made up its mind. Now we can wear our flip flops-yay!

    ReplyDelete