Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5


5
Originally uploaded by *nichole*
My youngest turned five today and she has been so excited the whole day. Something about five seems big, she's ready for new experiences, I see it-and at the same time I'm realizing my subtle resistance to this change is futile.
Our children can't stay small forever, they grow, they cry, they laugh, they tell us when they need us and let us know when they don't. Being a witness to this growth is both overwhelming and awe-inspiring.
I am so blessed, truly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your "big" girl. :-) I know she enjoyed her special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Libby for the birthday wishes. She had a great day. In fact I over heard her talking to her sister about how she had such a good time on her birthday-it was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous post, I love your photos!!
    Happy Birthday to your little one, five is so special : )

    ReplyDelete