Friday, April 2, 2010

flowers~paper and planted

We did a little crafting for Easter today by making paper flowers. I remember getting this idea a while ago from an old episode of Martha Stewart (yes, I'll admit it, I'm a real Martha fan). One particular bride wanted paper flowers for her wedding and even carried a paper flower bouquet down the aisle. Ever since that episode I've been wanting to make some myself (and thought that it would also make a great spring/Easter craft, here's the link for the flowers we made today). My youngest even wanted to help out with the flower making, despite fighting a fever for the last couple of days. I purchased the crepe paper, floral wire, floral tape from Hobby Lobby and Michael's.
Now to flowers planted~yesterday we planted some zinnias in our planter box and some violas in a container. We also got around to some seed starting, yay! I purchased my tiny Jiffy hothouse last week and in it put tomato, pepper, eggplant, okra, and squash seeds. The little hothouse is now on top of the fridge (where's it a little warm) and when all the conditions are right, tiny seedlings will make their debut-how exciting is that!

~little hands cutting crepe paper


~our Easter bouquet


~zinnias planted


~seed starting tray


Wishing you a blessed and Happy Easter weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment