Wednesday, December 30, 2009

a year in review~food 2009

As this year comes to an end, with 2010 on our heels, I began wondering about all the food I cooked this year. Sometimes (really alot of times) I get bogged down with the daily preparation of food-but when something comes together and I'm pleased with the result, it makes all the time I spend in the kitchen well worth it (well that and also my crew, who like I've said many times before loves to eat). I remember when I started dating my husband nearly fifteen years ago, he had a way more diverse palate than I had at the time. He loves food, especially Asian and African food. Now me being from the South, I was really only acquainted with Southern cuisine-like chicken and gravy, collard greens, hot-water cornbread, black-eyed peas, chow-chow pinto beans, good, good food-food dear to my heart. When we met he totally encouraged me to eat out of my comfort zone which of course I was skeptical to do at first, but wow I am so glad that I did.
Here are some photographs of food that I took in 2009. Some food in process, some food that is fully prepared~

I'm looking forward to more good eats in 2010 and hope you are too.

2 comments:

  1. Green tomatoes! That's something I have never tasted before - in fact, you can't buy green tomatoes here.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nichole. Your background I know oh so well. I'm glad that your hubby encouraged you to try new things; your photos are a sheer reflection of that. Now your girls will know the best of both worlds!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete